Monday, 11 February 2013

Production Log

Entry Four

This week I have finished editing and finalising my documentary. I made sure everything I needed was present in my documentary and also added all the transitions and graphics to my work.

I have made sure that all my pre production work was up on my blog and also that my final documentary was complete. During editing I realised that a lot of things needed changing around and that the continuity of the documentary was not flowing well which meant I had to change footage around and play about with different shots to make sure it works out. During editing I also realised that my presenting shots where very long and the viewers would be bored by just listening to the presenter, I decided to add images onto the screen relating to what the presenter was talking about. The struggle which I faced during my final editing day was that the time schedule was short and I needed to rush my work a bit more to meet the deadlines. This meant that I had to quickly gain feedback from my teacher, after I gained feedback I knew a lot of changed had to be made to make sure my documentary was looking good. I spent an extra four hours after school editing my work to make sure that it was looking professional. Here are some things which I edited:

-I cut up the montage into little sections and spread them around the documentary rather then having a whole chunk of it in one place.

-I added more graphics

-I added a lot of instrumentals at the back to keep the viewer interested

-I removed a lot of unnecessary footage and made some of the shots shorter

-I searched through my filming folder to find some relevant cut aways, this would help make my work look more professional and keep viewer interest.

Overall I think the unit went well and I enjoyed it. The short deadline which we had to film and edit did effect my documentary all together but I would also change my organisation technique and make sure I was on top of things and getting things done, this would help me if I was to film and edit this documentary again.

No comments:

Post a Comment